Lemon Garlic Baked Black Cod
Contributed by: Jeanette Stickel
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 (6 oz each) cod or halibut fillets, skin on
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the capers.
- Place the cod fillets in the baking dish. Pour the butter mixture on top. Use a brush if needed to evenly distribute the thick sauce on top of the fillets. Sprinkle with the paprika. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes (25 minutes if frozen), or until fish is white and flakes easily with a fork.
- This recipe works well with any firm-fleshed white fish, including halibut.
- If you have frozen cod fillets in your freezer, don't bother defrosting them prior to baking - you can absolutely bake fish fillets frozen and it's actually easier not to over-dry them when you bake them from frozen. Simply add 5-10 minutes to the cooking time.